Practice Area: Labor and Employment Law.
Partner of Aylwin Estudio and co-head of the Labor Group. He has extensive experience related to the mining business, specializing in the areas of Labor Law, Contracts, Natural Resources Law, and Public Law.
In the labor area, Mr. Salmona has extensive experience advising companies in the public and private sectors, in various matters that include individual and collective labor relations, as well as in matters of occupational health and safety, litigation before courts and administrative authorities, and in trade union matters, participating in collective bargaining processes.
He has also provided advice to companies on compliance programs, as well as on internal investigations related to labor compliance.
- Diploma in Natural Resources Law / Universidad de Los Andes / 2015.
- Master of Laws (LLM) / New York University – Dean’s Award and Panken Scholarship fellow / 2015.
- Master in Public Law, mention in Constitutional Law / Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 2012.
- Diploma in Management Skills / Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez e-class /2012.
- Diploma in Labor and Social Security Law / Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 2010.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law / Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 2009.
- Law Degree / Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 1999 – 2003.
- Aylwin Estudio / Partner / since 2022.
- Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia / Associate Attorney / 2015 – 2022.
- Aylwin Abogados / Associate Attorney / 2013 – 2015.
- BHP Billiton Pampa Norte / Superintendent of Labor Relations and Head of External Affairs / 2012 – 2013.
- Xstrata Copper Chile / Legal Superintendent / 2011 – 2012.
- BHP Billiton Base Metals / Attorney / 2008 – 2011.
- Cariola, Diez, Pérez-Cotapos y Cia. / Associate Attorney / 2006 – 2008.
- Professor LLM UC, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and Universidad de O´Higgins / since 2019.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Chambers Latin America.
- Chilean Constitutional Court Award for the best degree thesis in Constitutional Law (2008).
- Professor of Labor Law, Universidad de O’Higgins / Since 2019.
- Professor of the LLM UC, mention Labor Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / Since 2019.
- Professor of Constitutional Law / Universidad Católica del Norte, Antofagasta Campus.
- Professor of the Mining Industry Course / Universidad Católica del Norte, Antofagasta Campus.
- The injury to fundamental rights in the employment relationship: A new reading of article 485 of the Labor Code. Revista de Derecho Aplicado LLM UC, No. 9 (2022).
- Indigenous consultation of mining concessions. Case law commentary. Revista de Derecho Administrativo Económico. N° 33 (2021).
- Comparative Analysis of Ultraactivity Effects of Collective Bargaining Agreements in Spain and Chile. Revista de Derecho Aplicado LLM UC, No 5 (2020) (with Eduardo Lavado Poch).
- Judicial decision and collision of fundamental rights. Cuadernos del Tribunal Constitucional, No. 40, Constitutional Court of Chile (2008).
- Traffic Impact Assessment: A look in the Constitutional Court jurisprudence about the relationship of Law-Decree. Revista Chilena de Derecho, Vol. 32, No. 3, (2005).
- Translation into Spanish of the article “Main Characteristics of German Mining Law” , by Johann-Christian Pielow. Revista de Derecho Administrativo Económico, No. 1 (2003).