Practice Area: Water Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law.
Lawyer since 1982. He currently serves as Counselor of the Water Department at our
firm. Long experience in the drafting and comments of water regulations. Headed the Legal Department of the “Dirección General de Aguas” (Water Authority) between 1990 and 1995 and held other positions in the same institution from 1984- 1990. He is currently a permanent advisor to the Hydraulic Works Authority. He has been distinguished as Senior Statespeople in the area of Water Law by Chambers & Partners.
- Master in Water Law / Instituto de Derecho de Minas y Aguas, Universidad de Atacama / 2002.
- Law / Universidad de Chile / 1979.
- Aylwin Estudio / Counselor of the Water Department / Since 2022.
- Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia / Director / 2016 – 2022.
- Vergara y Cía. / Partner / 1995-2016
- Dirección General de Aguas / Head of the Legal Department and other positions / 1984 – 1995.
- Office of the Comptroller General of the Republic / Attorney / 1983 – 1984.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Ranked in Environment: Water Rights, Chambers Latin America
- Professor Water Law, Master in Mining and Water Law / Universidad Finis Terrae / Since 2015.
- Professor of Energy Law, Master in Energy Engineering / Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 2010 – 2015.
- Professor of Water Law, Diploma in Economic Administrative Law and Diploma in Natural Resources and Energy / Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile / 2004 – 2015.
- Professor of Water Law, Master in
Natural Resources Law / Law, Universidad Católica del Norte / 2010.
- Professor of Water Law, Master in Water Law / Law, Universidad Gabriela Mistral / 2001.
- Professor of Water Law, Master in Water Law / Law, Instituto de Derecho de Minas y Aguas, Universidad de Atacama / 1998 – 2000.
- Has taught water law courses at the Judicial Academy (1998-2015), State Defense Council (2010 – 2011) and Indap (1998 – 2002).
- 2005-2016 / Water Code / Professor in charge of the concordances and index of subjects elaborated, corrected and updated (Thomson Reuters, ex Abeledo Perrot Legal Publishing).
- 2011 / Co-author of the Commented Water Code (Abeledo Perrot-Legal Publishing).