Practice area Environmental and Water Law Department
Lawyer since 1982. Gonzalo Arevalo currently serves as Counselor of the Water Department at our firm. Long experience in the drafting and comments of water regulations. Headed the Legal Department of the “Dirección General de Aguas” (Water Authority) between 1990 and 1995 and held other positions in the same institution from 1984-1990. He is currently a permanent advisor to the Hydraulic Works Authority. Gonzalo has been distinguished as Senior Statespeople in the area of Water Law by Chambers & Partners. Senior Statespeople in the area of Water Law by Chambers & Partners.
- Master in Water Law / Instituto de Derecho de Minas y Aguas, Universidad de Atacama / 2002.
- Law/ Universidad de Chile / 1979
- Aylwin Estudio / Counselor of the Water Department / Since 2022.
- Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia / Director / 2016 – 2022
- Vergara y Cía. / Partner / 1995-2016
- Dirección General de Aguas / Head of the Legal Department and other positions / 1984-1995
- Office of the Comptroller General of the Republic / Attorney / 1983-1984