Practice Area: Labor and Employment Law / Corporate Law.
Partner of Aylwin Estudio and co-head of the Labor Group. His practice includes litigation, contracts and general civil practice.
In the labor area, Mr. Aylwin has extensive experience advising companies in the public and private sectors and unions, in various matters that include individual and collective labor relations, as well as in matters of occupational health and safety, litigation before courts and administrative authorities, and in trade union matters, participating in collective bargaining processes.
Mr. Aylwin has also focused his practice on corporate, commercial and corporate matter, leading and participating in mergers and acquisitions.
- PhD in Law / Universidad Complutense de Madrid / 1986.
- Law Degree / Universidad de Chile / 1979.
- Aylwin Estudio / Partner / Since 2022.
- Aylwin Mendoza Luksic & Valencia / Partner / 2015 – 2022.
- Aylwin Abogados / Partner / 1986 – 2015.
- Counselor of the Ministry of Labor an Social Security.
- Defense Attorney of the Executive Branch in the Constitutional Court.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized in Labor and Employment, Chambers Latin America.
- Professor of Labor Law / Universidad de Chile / since 2010.
- Professor of Labor Law /Universidad Diego Portales / 2002 – 2010.
- Professor of Master in Labor and Social Security Law / Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of Master in Labor and Social Security Law / Universidad de Talca.
- Professor of Degree in Labor Law and Labor Relations in the Company/ Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of Degree in Collective Labor Law / Universidad de Chile.
- The lecturer participated in the following seminars and conferences:
- (i) “Groups of Companies and MultiRut”, in National Conference on Labor and Social Security Law, XXIII / Universidad Católica del Norte / 2016.
- (ii) “Collective Contract Content and its effects, What do we have of Labor Reform?” / Universidad de Chile and Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile /2016.
- “Are groups of employees entitled to bargain collectively under the Labor Code as amended by Law 20.940?”: Studies in homage to Professor Emilio Morgado Valenzuela of the Sociedad Chile del Derecho Laboral y Seguridad Social (2016).
- “Group of Companies and Multirut”, in XXIII National Conference on Labor and Social Security Law (2016).
- “Regulatory system of collective bargaining: characteristics and labor reform” in Social Security: Critical analysis of the reform to the system of trade union relations in Chile. Universidad de Chile (2015).
- Project (concluded) of the National Fund for Scientific and Technological Research (FONDECYT) entitled “Fundamental rights of the employer and the employee in the new labor protection procedure: analysis and solution of their collision”, N°1090524, years 2009-2010, together with José Luis Ugarte Cataldo (responsible researcher).
- “Unconstitutional rule of the concept of company included in art. 183 ter of the bill on labor subcontracting and supply of employees”, in Estudios Laborales N° 1-2007, Sociedad Chilena de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social, Lexis Nexis (2007).
- Co-author of ” Groups of Companies in Chilean Labor Law”. Lexis Nexis, Santiago (2006)
- “Groups of companies in the legal system of labor relations in Chile”, in Ius et Praxis, Universidad de Talca, year 11 No. 1 (2005)
- “Groups of companies and their legal-labor effects in Comparative Law”, in Ius et Praxis, Universidad de Talca, year 11 No. 2 (2005).
- “Labor Law Institutions in some sentences written by Professor Patricio Novoa Fuenzalida”, in Derechos Fundamentales Tribute to Professor Patricio Novoa Fuenzalida, Labor and Social Security Law Yearbook N°3-2004, Sociedad Chilena de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social (2004).
- “Multiple individual contracts, the right to collective bargaining and union freedom”, in Union Freedom, Tribute to Professor Alfredo Bowen H., Yearbook of Labor and Social Security Law No. 1-2000, Sociedad Chilena de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social (2000).
- The phenomenon of social concertation the basis for a stable and democratic development. Fundación Centro de Investigación y Promoción Iberoamérica y España (CIPIE), (1984).